I am not sure if it is just me but over the last few years of undertaking this degree my bookmarks in chrome have continued to grow. Do you all have this problem of requiring a categorisation of your bookmarks to help you locate particular resources without needing to sift through so many?
So, the request for suggestions is kindly sought from you. There has to be some best practices out there amongst my fellow peers. Don’t be shy!
Turning to google in the interim, I discovered the following from the Google Chrome website:
Create a bookmark folder
- In the upper right corner of the browser toolbar, click the icon you see: Menu or More .
- Click Bookmarks > Bookmark Manager.
- On the left side of the page, click the Folders drop-down arrow.
- Click Add Folder, then name your folder.
- Drag any bookmarks into your folder. Shift-click to pick more than one item.
In creating folders I can now navigate around my bookmarks. I have categorised them according to content/subject matter. Refinements will continue, but I can quickly find links now. If you have any suggestions on categorisations you may use I would like to hear them.
Google Chrome. (2016). Manage bookmarks – Chrome Help. Retrieved April 27, 2016, from https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/188842?hl=en